- This event has passed.
CCHC Learning Collaborative – Allergies, Anaphylaxis, and Emergency Treatment
January 28 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- 10 am – 10:10 am: CCHC Competencies, presentation of objectives and introduction of guest speakers
- 10:10-11 am Michelle L. Hernandez, MD – Professor of Pediatrics at UNC Chapel Hill, Division of Allergy & Immunology / Director, Clinical Research Unit, Children’s Research Institute / Pediatric and Adolescent Director, North Carolina Network Consortium
- 11-11:50 am Alice E. W. Hoyt, MD – Board-certified allergist & immunologist, internist, and pediatrician (Executive Director, Code Ana / Founder, The Teal Schoolhouse)
11:50 – 12:05 pm Knowledge into Practice
12:05 – 12:20 am: Break
12:20 – 1:15 pm: Knowledge into Practice
- Using the Allergies, anaphylaxis, and emergency treatment training
- Breakout rooms Scenarios
- HSAET indicators and ideas for strategies for QI / technical assistance
1:15-1:30 pm: Wrap up and evaluations
3.5 NCPD contact hours will be awarded awarded to CCHC RN and Health Educators upon 100% attendance of live virtual session
This educational activity is being jointly presented by the Public Health Nursing Institute for Continuing Excellence and the NC Child Care Health and Safety Resource Center, a project of UNC Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health. The Public Health Nursing Institute for Continuing Excellence is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Registration is required for this Learning Collaborative.
Registration closes at 6 pm Thursday, January 27th.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.