The NC Environmental Health Section of the Division of Public Health has a new web page where guidance can be found for controlling and preventing coronavirus / COVID-19, including a memo on Cleaning and Disinfecting Solutions and Procedures to control COVID-19 in schools, child care centers and other community, non-healthcare facilities.
Please download and read this guidance, as it includes:
- Temporary changes in normal procedures and products to follow the CDC’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Reminder to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, countertops) with cleaning products according to the directions on the label
- Guidance on increasing the concentration for disinfecting solution that follows the CDC guidance on cleaning and disinfection recommendations for childcare and schools
- Link to the EPA approved disinfectants that are effective against SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes the disease COVID-19
If you have questions, please contact a Child Care Health Consultant in your community or your local environmental health specialist.
For more information, visit the :
- NC Environmental Health Section
- Centers for Disease Control
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
And as always, handwashing is the single most effective method of controlling the spread of disease. Download and print our handwashing posters in English and Spanish by visiting our Resources page.