Child Abuse and Neglect
A CCHC also
- Helps programs implement strategies to identify risk factors and strengthen protective factors for children
and families to help prevent abuse and neglect
- Observes and helps programs address staff behaviors or environmental conditions (such as the facility
layout or obstructed visibility within a classroom) that could increase the risk for abuse and neglect within
- Helps programs develop training for staff and families on the prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma
- Helps programs maintain a current list of community resources for staff and families such as mental health
consultants, child protection, and/or family violence hotlines and services
- Works with programs to understand different family approaches to caring for their children
Featured Initiatives and Resources
- The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who provide assistance in over 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are confidential.
- Reporting Child Abuse in North Carolina
This book helps readers understand when they are required to make reports, how to make a report, and what happens after someone makes a report.