Resource and Referral
Child Care Health Consultant Competency 5: Resource and Referral
(Source: Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center, Child Care Health Consultant Competencies)
The CCHC connects programs with community resources and expertise to enhance health, safety, and wellness services. A CCHC also:
- Helps programs access appropriate resources to meet program and family needs
- Facilitates communication between programs and qualified specialists in fields such as mental health, early childhood education, disabilities, and nutrition
- Helps programs maintain current records of contacts, agencies, and organizations in the community, state, or tribe that can support the health and wellness needs of the program and families served
The CCHC plays a role in connecting families with community services, assistance programs, and resources to address their health, safety, and wellness needs. A CCHC also:
- Identifies community service providers that can help families access health and social services
- Helps programs develop and maintain a current list of health care providers able to serve families
- Helps programs identify a staff member, consultant, or community resource to communicate with families whose preferred language is not English.
Featured Initiatives and Resources:
Find additional featured initiatives under subject matter resources.